Thursday, September 02, 2010

AWANA

Last night was our first AWANA.  Again for those of you who don't know, AWANA stands for Approved Workman Are Not Ashamed (from 1 Timothy), it's a wonderful program centered on memorizing bible verses with story and game time.  This AWANA, while the same program, is run quite different at our Vegas church.  It will take some getting used to but I know all 5 of us are going to enjoy it!  Yep, now have 4 clubbers :)  Josie is a Cubbie, Gabriel and Kaden are Sparks, and Luke is in TNT (Truth and Training).  I am a Sparks leader again, same as the past 3 years in Oklahoma.  I tried to take pictures before we left last night but my camera is acting up, time for a new one I'm afraid!, and then Josie didn't really want to join in the fun.  She was ready to go to church to see her friends.  But here is what I do have (Luke's green shirt has been ordered, just not arrived yet):
I told ya she didn't want her picture taken.  She was in a good mood, just didn't want that photo!  All the kids had a good time last night.  I am SO happy with our church here.  I'll have to do a separate post on that later.  YAY for Canyon Ridge! 
And one more bit of info.  K-man lost his "number 6 tooth" (as he calls it) last night.  He is very happy!  And Gabe has his first loose tooth, the tooth fairy should just set up shop here for a while.  :)

No comments: