Monday, September 13, 2010

Back to School Celebration

Friday morning all the school gathered to release balloons into the sky, it was a Back to School Celebration.  Josie and I went to watch and cheer with the boys.  When we arrived they were blasting "Viva Las Vegas", and then "Celebration", etc.  So much fun.  I found all the boys took their pics:
Josie was excited to see Luke and get her balloon!
The principal annouced a few guests and then we all said the Pledge of Alligence.  Afterwards, with the flag still high on the roof of the school, the principal released some yellow balloons in honor of our active duty and veterans.  We had 30 seconds to reflect on our brave men and women.  They asked for all military families to raise their hands.  That was pretty cool and it meant a lot to me.
Next it was time to release the balloons:
They looked really cool floating away, we watched them until they were gone and then Josie looks at me and says "Where's my balloonie?  Where's MY balloonie?"  I told her that we let them fly away and she did NOT like that.  This is what happened next:
 Yes, she sobbed and sobbed.  Bless her heart.  I never thought about the fact she'd be upset to lose her balloon.  Oops.  All in all it was a pretty fun morning.  Josie and I were already out and so I decided to run down to Family Christian Bookstore about 15 or so miles away to get some bibles for the boys.  Little did I remember that the school gets out 40 minutes early on Fridays.  Whoops.  I forgot Gabriel.  He gets out at 10:14 on Fridays, 10:55 M-Th.  I received a call at 10:25 saying, we have Gabriel waiting for you.  I was still shopping.  Well, we made it back in good time, picked him up at 10:42.  I felt so bad.  I know I cannot be the only one to ever do this at school but still.  Gabriel didn't mind at all.  "I'm sorry I forgot you."  "That's okay Mom.  That's O. K."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures. Kids look so happy. Sorry about Josie loosing her balloonie...that's life. Gabriel is a good sport, it's ok Mom, you will not forget him again. Love you all. Grandma

Anonymous said...

I forgot Thad once and he has never gotten over it. Good luck with Gabriel.
Love,
Another foretful Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm going to so miss Epcot day #2...I guess I'll have to live with all the new postings! :-)
The photos of the balloon release were incredible! Beautiful sky, I love the mountains in the background, lovely children!
Love you,
Aunt LA