Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Family, Fair, Food, and Fun

This past weekend was the bi-annual humongo craft fair here in Oklahoma City: An Affair of the Heart! Vendors and buyers come from ALL over, it's pretty amazing. There are 6 packed buildings at the fairgrounds. The show lasts for 3 days and it is insanely busy but lots of fun to go. My Mom, my Granny, and my cousin Mel flew in for the weekend to join me. We had such a great time! The food is worth the admission fee alone, Indian Tacos, yum!
Thanks to my sweet hubby who took the day off of work on Friday so that he could watch the boys so all us ladies could go crafting all day long! Thanks to my family who flew in to go with me, I appreciate it. And to my family that could not come, we missed you and it will all happen again in February! Get ready!
Here's some Friday pics. Mel's first Indian Taco, remember it well my dear. (we had gorgeous weather by-the-way)
My sweet angel baby! She was a hit, people would walk by see her in the stroller and point her out to whomever they were with. She was always adorable and was perfect both days we went!
Seems like every year there is a theme, some one constant at almost every booth and this year it was crosses. Crosses as artwork, jewelry, wall hangings, on hats, jackets, shirts, on denim, cotton, satin, camo even, you name it and it had a cross attached to it. Not only were their crosses of many different shapes and sizes, they were mostly jeweled crosses, like a bedazzler went crazy. Mel said it best "Bling for Jesus!" She cracks me up.
Here's my kiddos on Saturday. Luke is such a cheese ball.
I missed Gabriel's smile but here he is helping to hold Josie, he was so proud.

I'll post some pics of some of the cool things I got at the craft fair soon! I know you are excited. And YES, there's bears, and YES there's Mizzou. Speaking of which---we are number #9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Top ten baby! Mizzou-rah!!!!!!!!!! Let's GO Tigers!

2 comments:

Belva Jean said...

I missed it! Darn I was going to ask you to get me some pickles that I feel in love with :(
Glad you had a great time and that your Mom, Mel, and Granny could join you.
I agree the food is almost the best part :)

Anonymous said...

Jesse,
This is a post for Josie's debut in the denim dress...SO cute!
Thanks for the photo!
Love,
Aunt LeeAnn