Thursday, April 19, 2007

Remembering

Today was the 12th anniversary of bombing of the Murrah Building in Oklahoma City. As many of you know, I was living here in high school during that terrible time. I will never be able to forget the overwhelming emotions, I can still recall the pain in my chest while watching all the events unfold. To the 168 people that lost their lives and to their families that continue to miss them everyday--may God bless you and keep you. May the time that passes continue to heal your hearts.
The Survivor Tree is my favorite part of the Oklahoma City National Memorial. This tree was there in 1995 during the attack and it survived. Now it stands as a glorious reminder that with God's help we can overcome even the most terrible of situations, we can continue to grow and provide beauty in a world that can be so ugly.
Please take a minute to remember those that lost their lives, their families, the volunteer rescue workers, and pray for them.

No comments: