Monday, February 23, 2009

Dining Out

On Friday night Michael and I went to our second dining out. For those of you that don't know, the dining out is a fancy military party, Michael had to wear his mess dress (Air Force tux equivalent and I got to wear a fun dress too :) We had a wonderful time in downtown OKC. We were on the 34th floor and the view was pretty spectacular. It is fun to get all dressed up and go out on the town. You'd think we would have made the most of it...but we were home by 10:45! I don't when we got old, but we did. We had a couple of girls over watching the kiddos for us. When we got here they weren't too far into "The Dark Knight" so we all stayed up and watched together, Michael and I still fancied up. Good times!
Unfortunately my pictures didn't come out very well. Some was operator error and other just lighting issues. But thought I'd share anyways.
Three of the 4 walls in our room were floor to ceiling windows. It was a pretty site:Here's the view down to the street. Look hard, you can sorta make out the cars down there:Michael and I:We're a little out of focus because our picture taker had been sent to the grog more then a few times! That's why I was laughing, it was quite hilarious watching him try to work the camera. Speaking of the grog...Michael took some pics of the bowls as well. At a dining out there are 2 grog bowls (toilet bowls) at the front of the head table. DISCLAIMER: For those of you military related---no knocking me for describing the grogs and mess. I am trying to put it easily and not getting into the bigger details. Thought others might want a little info on the grogs, especially since we took photos of them! I can just see Michael rolling his eyes at how I'll describe this. Oh well, my blog :) Okay, back to the grogs... Those who break one of the "mess" rules are sent to the grog. It's also a time for you to call out others on their behavior and send them to drink. Different parts of the squadron add different things to the leaded and unleaded grog. When you are sent you have to address the President of the mess, fill you glass, address the mess, drink it all down in ONE drink and then put the glass on your head to signify that you finished it all. The leaded version had scotch, beer, some fluorescent green liquor (so gross), vodka, and other fun stuff. The unleaded one was full of strawberry soda, cranberry juice, jalapeno juice (ugh!), O'douls and even some cocoa puffs. You know it's bad when people are chewing with their grog drink. Yuck. It was pretty interesting to watch everyone go and get their 'punishment'. I won't say if Michael had to go or not but he did. I won't say fully why except for those military readers (i.e. his bro so he can make fun of him!!!!), Michael had no R.M.O. He and about 40 others!!! Drink it up guys! The grogs:

Here are pics we took of each other. I knew my sis-in-law Belva and Heidi would be upset it they didn't get to see my dress. Here you go girlies:On another military note---this is Michael's LAST week as a captain. He pins on Major this Friday afternoon, Feb 27th! We are pretty excited and I am very proud of him! Congrats honey!

No comments: