Wednesday, January 20, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GABRIEL!!!



5 years ago today, my angel Gabriel was born!  I cannot believe my baby boy is 5 years old. 
Oh little one how I prayed for you.  I couldn't wait to see you, hold you, and kiss you.  Early on in the pregnancy we had a little scare and we thought I was going to lose him.  I remember being at the emergency room and praying over this little angel of mine.  While praying, for the first time in my life, I had a feeling of peace wash over me and I knew that everything was in God's hands and that all would be okay.  No matter what was to happen, God was in control.  It was a beautiful experience.  The nurse came in for an ultrasound and there he was, my 3rd little guy.  He was the same size in real life as his TINY ultrasound picture they printed out for me.  I remember hearing that everything looked "real good" and things would be "alright".  God what a blessing!  What a blessing You have given us!
Gabriel was a name I had always loved, Michael took a little while to come around, but eventually he did :)  (Heidi, I know you love that story so much but it's a little hard to explain on a blog!!  But know I know you're thinking about it!)  It was Michael that was the first to say we should name him after my uncle.  Each of our boys have a middle name after someone whom we love very much and has touched our lives in more ways then just family.  Luke Thomas for Michael's mentor and friend Thomas McNish.  Kaden Thaddeus for my brother, who needs no explanation of why we wanted to honor him.  And then came Gabriel Todd.  Todd for my Uncle Todd, my Uncle T.  Our love for him is beyond words.  He has always cared for me in such a special and beautiful way.  We have always had a special relationship and he knows that I love him as much as he loves me.  My Michael loves him as well.  He was hooked the first time he saw Uncle Todd using ketchup at a family BBQ.  Yes it's an inside joke of sorts, you ought to ask Michael about it sometime.  Together we wanted to honor Uncle Todd and show him how much he means to us.  I pray that Gabriel turns out to be a man after Uncle Todd's own heart, what a true blessing that would be. 
Gabriel Todd.  Our angel, our love.  We thank God for him and his sweet soul.  My Gabriel, the little guy with the elvish ears.  The sweet boy who loves to give kisses.  Michael always says to me he is too cute to get mad at and I have to admit he does get away with quite a bit.  He is a doll.  He is adorable.  He is our Gabriel and I cannot imagine life without him!  Happy Birthday!  :)
Gabriel's birthday:





Turning one!:

I'm two!:

Three years old!:

Happy fourth!:

I'm FIVE!!!:


3 comments:

Kelly said...

He's my special little guy too!!!! LOVE YOU!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Gabriel, our little angel elf! I hope 5 is everything Garbriel has looked forward to these past months.
Love,
Grandmom

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm crying now...Happy birthday a bit late to Gabriel, special guy #3.
Love Aunt LA