Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! I hope everyone had a great day yesterday. I had a great day that ended too quickly. Michael left again for another week in Vegas. Bummer. Why the Air Force put a base in Vegas I will NEVER understand!!! We celebrated my day until he had to go. It was wonderful, short but wonderful! In the morning when I got into the van to go to church there were Mom's Day gifts in my seat. What a nice surprise! After church we came home and Michael and I rocked out to RockBand for a little while. SO fun! I dozed on the couch while we watched a movie. That was nice and restful! Then it was time for Michael to go. It was a quick day I tell you! Here are my wonderful presents! Luke made me a beautiful tile at school:I started to cry (of course). I tried to read it aloud to Michael but was all choked up. Once I finally made it through Michael was a little overwhelmed as well. I cannot believe our children are growing SO quickly! I was given 2 blu ray movies as well. On Friday, Kaden gave me his card that he made, he was too excited to wait. I loved it!
Right before Michael left for the airport (5PM) we celebrated with one of my favorites---strawberry shortcake! The kids LOVED it!
I also received some beautiful flowers from my wonderful mother-in-law and my sister-in-law as well. Thank you two for thinking of me. I appreciate the both of you and Happy Mother's Day back to you!!!Mother's Day makes me so thankful, I am so overwhelmed with the 4 lives God has entrusted to me. What could be more of a blessing? I adore my children, they are my life and my love. I get caught up in being the mother on Mother's Day and then I remember that I have the most amazing mom ever! I love you Momma. You have always been there for me, always loved me, always supported me, always in ALL ways. I thank God for you everyday! I pray that my relationship with my children is half as wonderful as the one I have with you! Hope you had a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is very easy to be an amazing Mom when you are blessed with amazing children.
Love you,
Mom
Can't wait to hug you all!