Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Day of School :)

Can't really believe it. Summer is over. School has begun. I'm SO excited about this year. Luke and Kaden LOVE school so much it's easy to send them off. Gabriel has been ready for school since he turned 4. He was sure he'd get to start in January right after his birthday. He had to wait till August. He waited and today he went to Pre-K! I can't believe it. 3 kiddos in school! Where has the time gone I ask you?! I don't think any parents have the answer to that question!!!
Today all my babes woke up in GREAT moods! They were ready to head to the bus 45 minutes before it came! "We just don't want to miss it Mom." said Luke, over and over again! The bus came and the big boys got on. Josie, Gabriel, and I were waiting in the van to head off to Gabe's school across the way. We got to school right on time and Gabriel headed off inside by himself (his teacher waits at the door for all of you thinking how could I let my baby boy walk into school by himself!).
Josie and I headed off back to Luke and Kaden's school where I'm PTA President this year. I got some good work done. It's CRAZY just having one child with me, I kept feeling like I lost one somewhere. It was N*I*C*E, I have to admit!
We left around 10:45 to pick up my niece from her first day of Kindergarten! Aurora had a great time and the K teachers were dressed as pirates. Pretty cool if you ask me!
The girls and I went straight to get Gabriel from his class at his school. (Yeah, 3 different schools, thankfully they are not too far apart. Aurora will get out about 20 minutes before Gabe giving me plenty of time to get back to him!) Now we are home for lunch and Josie's naptime!
I can't wait until the bus comes this afternoon to see how the day went for Luke and Kaden-man. So fun!
The boys so excited about the first day of school:
Can you tell where Michael just got home from???!!! Here's Gabriel on the way to school:
My niece. We took this one for her Daddy! What a beautiful smile:
Gabriel's reaction when asked "How was his first day?"
I have some other pics of our trip to Gabriel's class on Monday. He has the same Pre-K teacher that Kaden did. We LOVE her so! She remembered our family of course. Kaden hugged her so tight, it was adorable. Gabriel was excited, he about talked her ear off. Between Gabriel and Luke no one else got a word in! They were super cute there and we all had fun:


5 comments:

Becky said...

It's so great they love school so much... I guess you should revel in that while you can. I can't believe how big they are getting... especially Josie, that pic makes her look so mature. I want her to stay a baby! miss you guys and take care... is your throat better? love, becks

Anonymous said...

What a great way to start the year!
Thanks for the pics and commentary. Glad to hear all went well.
Did Kaden announce his arrival this year? :-)
Loved it!
Love you,
LA

Anonymous said...

What a great day!! You are a lucky Mom. I know what you mean when you say you thought you lost one. Strange, but great feeling. Nice to have the kids in school.
Love,
Mom

connie said...

How nice that Belva is close enough for you guys to help each other out. We start school on the 31 and Landon goes to Kinder on 8 Sept. I really cant think about it or I will cry a river!! This is going to be a rough year, Dustin is a SR and Corri is a freshman!!!

Alisa said...

Aw, so cute! But man, school in August just seems wrong to me, even if you do get out earlier! Benjamin starts preschool in just over 2 weeks, eek!