Monday, September 15, 2008

FULL Saturday

I think we fit about a week's worth of stuff into our Saturday. In the morning we got up and I gave everyone a bath. That is enough for one day alone---let me tell you! We headed off to the barbershop for boy haircuts. Luke and Kaden did a great job, Gabriel had a rougher time but he made you more sad then frustrated. He just was not a happy guy. They all got GREAT haircuts, thank you ladies! You know I like my boys to have hair left and they do :) We then headed to the BX for a couple of quick things. We ended spending a good 45 minutes because they had games/prizes for the kids, popcorn, face painting (we didn't do that), and cotton candy---we didn't do that either because my Mom would have killed me for giving that to her babies! The kids had such a great time. And it was Saturday so they were all decked out in their MIZZOU-RAH clothes. They looked AWESOME! We came home for lunch and started watching the Mizzou game, yeah the one where they crushed Nevada by scoring 69 points! Sweet! We didn't watch the whole game because it was Give Parents a Break afternoon! The Air Force has this amazing program with free childcare once a month for families who's spouses are deployed! It is amazing and I am SO grateful for all of those involved! I spent 5 hours without my kiddos on Sat afternoon. I went shopping, it was awesome and I had a great time, just look at my check book :) (Yes, Michael already knows!!) I picked up the kiddos, they had McD's for dinner and all was right in the world at our house! What a great day we had.

I took lots of pictures at the BX with my phone so I know the quality isn't that good but you'll be able to tell how much fun they had, how great their hair looks, and you'll see their school spirit!!! Go TIGERS!

Fishing:
Bean bag toss:


Gabriel couldn't get the bag through so he kept inching closer. It was hilarious! He finally did it though!Darts. Yeah, that's what I thought too. At first I thought the lady just meant for Luke to do it, but then she handed them out to Kaden and Gabriel too. I was a tad nervous. Didn't know where those suckers would end up!Now I know I took (and posted) a lot of pictures but I know their Daddy, Grandmas, Aunts, and Heidi will appreciate each and every one of them!!! :)

4 comments:

Belva Jean said...

Awesome!! Definitely a full Saturday! I agree I would have been nervous about the darts too :)
So glad you were able to enjoy GPAB. I so looked forward to those Saturdays when James was gone.

Anonymous said...

They certainly looked handsome in their Mizzou duds and new haircuts, and never can be enough pictures for me.
Love,
Mom and Grandmom

Kelly said...

So whenever you need a shopping buddy...I'm your chic! I can carry all your bags for ya while you power shop! Glad you had a relaxing Saturday. MIZZOURAH!! See, I can root for another team :) hehe Love you

Anonymous said...

Jesse,
What a great Saturday for my little friends and you too :). The boys haircuts look great and little miss Josie, well she is just cute as ever! I love the picture you posted of her sleeping. It is too precious for words. I'm glad that you enjoyed your shopping day, although I wish we could have gone together. It would have been so much fun picking out clothes for the kiddos.
Miss ya!
Heidi