Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Soccer story

Kaden and Luke started soccer yesterday through our church's Upward program. They are on different teams but THANKFULLY their practices are on the same night. Doug, the head of the Rec Department did that for me to make my life easier! THANK YOU DOUG! Luke's coach is Manny, he is so wonderful! My kiddos were all excited that his name was Manny because they love Handy Manny on the Disney channel. Coach Manny seems to be just as handy. He rescued us last night! More on that later...

Kaden's coach is Duncan. He is great as well. He seems laid back and very friendly! When Kaden introduced himself it was with a hug, for those of you that don't know my boys--they're huggers, especially my Kaden-man! Duncan hugged right back and said "nice to meet you bud." This was K's first time playing soccer and I think he did a great job! He listened and followed instructions and was so proud of himself for doing things the way his coaches asked. I did get a video of him, for his first time I think he did awesome!

Here are some pics of Josie and Gabes. They were pretty good while we were there. Gabriel said that Kaden's team was Gabriel's team too. Uh oh. He didn't like it when I told him that he had to wait to play soccer. But sweet Duncan gave Gabriel a ball to kick around. It was super cute! He liked scoring goals.


Practice for both boys runs from 6 to 7. About 6:50 it started spitting on us. By the time practice was over it was sprinkling. We went and loaded up in the van and the van would not start. When I tried to turn it on it Rrrr, Rrrr, Rrrred but wouldn't catch. Manny heard my van and went and got some jumper cables from a Sunday school friend who happened to be at church. By this time it was officially raining. We jumped the van and got all things situated. Knowing that Michael is gone, Manny told me to put him in my cell phone and to call him whenever I needed anything! And I could tell he meant it. Nice man, I tell ya! So the kiddos and I headed over to AutoZone, I knew they checked batteries but didn't know if they would help me put it in. Turns out they do. We drove over there in a downpour but it wasn't really raining there. Sure enough the battery was dead--which is of course what I was hoping for, I didn't want there to be anything else wrong with the van. We bought our last battery from AutoZone 4 years ago in Florida and since I remembered our FL telephone number we got the warranty back on the dead battery so I only paid $40 for my new one. They didn't charge to check the battery or put the new one in. So I was one happy camper that it all went smoothly! We didn't make it home until 9pm! The kiddos went straight to bed and I cleaned up a bit to settle in to watch the Raider game. Well, let's NOT talk about that part of my night. Have a wonderful day everyone!!! :)

1 comment:

Belva Jean said...

Yeah for the start of soccer!

Thank goodness for good people and Auto Zone :)