Monday, March 02, 2009

Major Ceremony

We had a very important Friday. Michael became a major. He had his promotion ceremony at the squadron. It was wonderful to see everyone there celebrating his achievement. The kids did a great job, we all helped out pinning on Dad's new rank. I am so proud of my Michael!! Here are some pictures taken by our friend Jessica.
Captain Michael and his commander:After the commanders wonderful speech it was time for he and I to put the leaf on Michael's shoulders. Josie came up there with me and with NO prompting took her Daddy's hand and though the room was 99% male there were many "Awwwwwws" in the audience:The commander told me to make sure and punch Michael's rank down, so I did. But I did it before I had the brads on the back of the pin, whoops! Everyone thought that was pretty funny:Commander's turn:Next it was time for the boys to put some more rank on. Gabriel started with Daddy's left shoulder---well Gabriel took the rank and gave it to Michael to put on. Very cute!
Kaden's turn for the right shoulder:Luke put the leaf on Dad's hat. They were pretty proud of themselves!
Next it was time for the swearing in. Awesome:
Michael then thanked everyone for coming and made a little speech. He thanked his friends, his commander, his mentors, and he thanked me. He said some very sweet, sweet things about me and how being the Air Force wife is the toughest job in the Air Force. And my Michael also gave me flowers. It was pretty wonderful! What a guy!
Major Harmon finishing his speech:

Michael, I am so proud of you. Proud of all you have accomplished and all that you will continue to do in our Air Force. I am excited to see where our next 10 years will take us and to see how far you will go! I love you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those gold leaves look awesome, what a wonderful time for the whole bunch of you. Wish I could have been there too.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

We are all so proud of you, Michael!!! Made me tear up just reading the blog. I guess I would have lost it had we been there.
I heard Kaden wasn't too excited until he heard you were getting leaves!
Kudos on the flowers!
Congratulations!!
By the way, did you watch the game on Sunday???
Love to you all from all of us,
LA

Belva Jean said...

Congrats! Wish we could have been there.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you son. You are an outstanding officer and will do very well. Wish I could have been there to pin you. I will be for the next promotion!! Thank you for being the loving husband and father you are.
Love,
Mom

Jackie said...

WOW your a big shot! Congrats Major Harmon!

Becky said...

Congrats Michael!
(Are you Major Dad now???)
Cute photos from the pinning on...

Becks

Jeanne said...

I love the punch down photo jesse!! Congrats to Michael!!!