Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tuesday=EPCOT

At 6:30 AM we popped out of bed to go to EPCOT's early entry. Here we are happy on the bus:
The kids were so excited. Especially Kaden-man, they have a Nemo ride at EPCOT and as most of you know Kaden adores Nemo! So that is the first thing we went to. Kaden LOVED it! Posing with, well IN Bruce (Josie is there too):We rode "The Land" next. Someone volunteered to do a family shot for us! Yeah! Here we all are:
This is for Mom, Mel, and Michelle---EPCOT is working on growing HUGE pineapples! Sweet! Shawn and Gus would be in heaven:Turtle Time with Crush! Oh, I was SO excited to see this! The kids did it at Disneyland when I was sick :( The turtle talks to the audience in real time. It's just awesome! And though Kaden doesn't look happy, he was just playing for the photo. What a stink. Kaden was so excited, he thought of a question to ask Crush back in January. He couldn't wait!!! And he was wearing his Crush t-shirt: Here's Josie in front of the jellyfish doing her "cheese" face. Get used to it, you'll see it a lot :)
Story time---They did call on Kaden and he got to talk with Crush. He asked him "What's your favorite baseball team?" Crush just got a blank stare on his face for the longest time and then said "What is baseball?" All the kids and parents cracked up. Kaden giggled. He asked Kaden what his favorites were to which Kaden answered "American League, Colorado Rockies, Arizona Diamondbacks, and St. Louis Cardinals." Crush said "All of those are your favorite? What's your one favorite?" And the smart boy said "St. Louis!" Some parents cheered--yeah, that's right! They 'talked' for a long time and Kaden's part was most of the show. He was ecstatic afterwards. We got it all on video and if I can ever figure out how to put our video camera stuff on here I certainly will. It was so awesome!
Playing after the Figment ride (for you Aunt Jackie :)
Our first character, Donald, who was in the Mexico part of the World Showcase. Josie was NOT a fan and didn't make it into too many of the character pictures. But she did get better through the week and was all too happy to smile and wave bye as we left characters!
The kids in front of the lake:
The boys with a viking ship:
Another story---Kaden loves Nemo but he also LOVES Mulan. He asked us about her many a time before the trip and we told him that he would probably see her at the Fastasmic Show but not anywhere else. He was sad about that. While walking through the World Showcase, we headed into China and I, without thinking first, said "Kaden guess what...this is where Mulan is!" Oops. Kaden screamed "Where is she?!?!" Mike shot a quick look at me. I tried to explain, "What Mom meant was that China is where Mulan is from, I didn't mean she would be here." Oh, he was heartbroken. His shoulders slumped and everything! We went to go inside and temple and BAM! right around the corner was Mulan! Yeah, I know you are all cheering! Kaden hugged her and kissed her right on the lips! (I'm NOT kidding!) He was overjoyed. It was too adorable. Mulan kissed all the boys and left huge lipstick prints on them. You'll see them in the rest of the pics! Too fun!!! Kaden's entire trip was made in those few minutes with her! Thank you Mulan!
Michael and Gabriel with Hook and Mr. Crocodile. They were getting ready for a botanical show and had a ton of characters made out of plants and flowers. They were really cool:
With the Genie:
Jasmine and Aladdin. Jasmine noticed the boys kisses right away and asked what Princess they saw...she didn't hesitate and kissed them all on the other cheek!
This is for Grandmom. While we were eating dinner, Kaden was sitting up his knees, when he moved he noticed that there were hearts there. He told me "Grandmom would like my knees because they're hearts!" So we took a pic to show you!

I just realized that all of my EPCOT stories have been about Kaden. Interesting. I guess he had a really great day! :)

A girl and her dog. Josie was enthralled with Pluto and so her Mommy bought her one. She has slept with it every night since. Adorable!
The fireworks, Illuminations, was incredible! The kids loved them!!! Good stuff. Luke took this shot of Spaceship Earth as we headed out at 10 that night:
What a great day! I love reliving it through these pictures. Speaking of pics, if you think I posted too many I am sorry about that and you probably won't enjoy the rest of the Disney posts either. I know the photos make the Grandmas and Aunts happy :) so I'll post a ton.
Up next was Disney Studios, which you know has my favorite ride----the Aerosmith coaster. 1 and 1/2 minutes of pure elation :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Photos are a joy for those that have "adopted" themself as an aunt, keep them coming! I'm glad you had a good time!

Sending Germany Hugs,
Heidi

Anonymous said...

The pictures are fantastic, I love the hearts on Kaden's knees. I can't wait to hear the conversation with Crush.
Love,
Mom

Alisa said...

Looks like a fun trip! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great day you had. I look forward to the pictures and videos that are coming. Kaden had a super day. Good for him. As for Josie not caring to much for the characters, neither did her Daddy at her age. It comes naturaly.
Love,
Mom

Kelly said...

Too many pictures????? Is there such a thing??? And YEAH for Figment!!! I got a stuffed Figment my first time at Disney World and it was my FAV-O-RITE!!!! I still have him :)

Anonymous said...

I love that Kaden kissed her on the lips. Hilarious!

Belva Jean said...

Fun, Fun!!! What is Disney without taking a ton of pictures!!
Josie's "cheese" and Kaden's knees are too cute :)