Monday, May 21, 2007

The Chain Gang

Last night we Harmons actually attempted something kinda crafty. It's a big stretch for us, so be kind. We made a paper chain. Background info: for those of you who don't know, Michael is leaving tomorrow for UAE. He is supposed to be gone until around the first week of September, give or take a few weeks says his commander. For reference to all that are geographically challenged here is UAE just north of eastern Saudi:Michael will be at Al Dhafra Air Base which is located just SE of Abu Dhabi. And we all know Abu Dhabi, that's where Garfield threatens to mail Odie!!! It actually makes me laugh out loud everytime I say Abu Dhabi. Garfield has to be the best comic strip ever!








This deployment is supposed to last for 90 days, so we made our chain with 100 links. And every night before we go to bed we can take a piece off and watch our time without Daddy get smaller. (I read about this somewhere so I take no credit for this cool idea!) I thought the boys would get a kick out of ripping off a link everyday. So for the summer my boys and I will be part of the Chain Gang. I have it hanging now on the entryway to our family room, it spans the doorway almost 4 and 1/2 times...

I would like to ask for prayers, prayers for Michael, prayers for us, prayers for all our military members that are in harms way, prayers for all military families that are left behind. For some of you this separation is so foreign to you, for others you know exactly what we will be going through. While Michael is gone he will supporting and helping to protect ground forces in Iraq, such an important job he has got to do. We appreciate your prayers. God bless our military.

3 comments:

Belva Jean said...

Darn it all, I'm trying not to cry :( You all will definately be in our prayers. I look forward to seeing the chain diminish in size. Love you.

Anonymous said...

The chain is a great idea. I know it will be a long time, but hopefully the time will go by faster as the boys have their baseball and summer activities. Josie will be so big when he gets home. You are all in my prayers and Belva, I am crying. There will be more tears from this Mom when July rolls around.
I love you all!

connie said...

That is a great idea. I will be thinking of you guys. Hopefully it will go by fast, as long as you stay busy. You know the drill :)