Monday, July 30, 2007

Cardinal crazy!

The Cardinals have had some fun games to watch lately, we beat the pants off the cubs on Thursday night 11-1 (a grand slam in that one!!!) , then beat the league leading Brewers twice on Saturday, one by scoring 3 in the bottom of the 9th! Then yesterday we came from behind again, scoring 5 runs in the 8th inning! Very exciting considering the truly dismal and injury-prone year the Cards have had. I went to 2 games last week.
-------------------------------

The first was GREAT company and seats but a terrible game. Becky took me to the Cards-cubs (gag!) game last Wednesday. (thanks SO much to Aunt LeeAnn for watching my kiddos for me so that I could go!!) The outcome was less-then-favorable but Becks and I had a good time together! Here is the view from our seats and the Cardinal fanatics we had sitting in front of us. Father-son red mohawk duo, with dad's Cardinal tattoo right on his skull---um, ouch!!


On Saturday night I was able to attend the 2nd game of the double header (Grandmom and Great Granny were the appreciated sitters that night!) My gracious, wonderful, lovely Aunt Debbie sacrificed her ticket so that I could go and sit in the BJC box at the stadium! (BJC is the hospital my Uncle Don and cousin Mel work for). There was Uncle Don, Ms. Josie, cousins Mark, Emma, me, and Mel:

I decided to bring Josie to her first Cardinal game and she was a hit! Everyone wanted to hold her. Even people from the neighboring box came over "We just have to see that baby!" Josie was perfect as always and everyone was amazed by that! And all LOVED her Cardinal t-shirt (thanks Becky!) Here was our view from the box, not too bad I have to say:Sweet, sweet baby! And here are some quick pics from the inside of the box, where they have all all-you-can-eat food and drink selection (hot dogs, brats, all the fixings, chicken strips, brisket, pizza, cookies, veggie tray, popcorn, chips and dip...WOW) There was also a plasma TV in there so you wouldn't miss any of the action as you sat on the leather furniture. Pretty incredible!


My token Dave McKay photo and the boys celebrating their win:

Let's hope the Redbirds can keep up this inspired play for say oh, the next 30 games or so!
GO CARDINALS!!!!!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

How fun is that... Glad you got to see a winner. Josie is super cute in her first Cards t-shirt. Hopefully this weekend was a turning point and we can make up some ground in the standings. Have fun in STL before you have to go back to OKC.
Take care.
Miss "Backy"

Kelly said...

GO CUBBIES!!!!!! Hehe, but I still love my Cardinal family

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you having such a good time enjoying your "Cards". I'll go with you next time you get to sit in the box. That's my kind of seating :)