Monday, July 23, 2007

Zoo day


On Friday we packed up, picked up Granny and headed to the Zoo. It is July in St. Louis and yet the high was only 82 degrees! We could NOT pass that up. We were there from 8:30 until almost 3! The boys had a great time. My Uncle Rick is a docent at the Zoo and he hooked us up with free tickets to the Sea Lion Show, the train, and the Children's Zoo. Thanks so much Uncle Ricky!! The Gienke fam met us around 11:30. It was a gorgeous day and everybody had loads of fun.
Here are photos of the boys on the Conservation Carousel. Gabriel had mixed feelings about riding but once it was moving he enjoyed it.



Sitting on this gorilla is like a right-of-passage in our family. I have pics from back in the day of all my cousins, my brother, and I sitting on him. Everyone loves this statue of Phil.
I will post more pictures of our day later. I have some great ones from the Children's Zoo!!

2 comments:

Belva Jean said...

sounds like a lot of fun! I love the zoo!

Kelly said...

PENGUINS!!!! Last time I went to that zoo Luke got off of daddy's hand to come hold mine during the penguins...PRICELESS!!!