Thursday, July 12, 2007

Lucky 7's

Alrighty, I am still playing catch up here. I have more fun pictures then I thought! It is so hard to choose what to post, so I will just do all of it, well most of it anyways.
On Saturday the 7th, when apparently the lines for the lottery were crazy-insane, lots of people trying to milk 7-7-07, we had a fun and quite full day. In the morning Kaden, Luke and I went to see Ratatouille (Pixar's new flick). I really liked it a lot, my brother said it best "When does Pixar ever let you down?" The animation was AMAZING!!!!!! but there was a lot of grown up stuff, I wonder why they feel the need to do that, is it supposed to be a kids movie? I think my boys liked it too. Well Luke did. Kaden was upset because the theater was SO loud and he didn't actually watch too much of the movie. He slept for about the first 40 minutes or so. Towards the end he was ready to go and didn't have a problem telling me so. Thankfully it was the 10:20 AM show and the theater wasn't full so he couldn't bother that many people. I don't know when I will venture to a movie with Kaden-man again. Luke had a great time though. Course he had popcorn and that thrills him on it's own!After the movie we came back home for lunch and a little rest. Then all of us headed over to Aunt Deb and Uncle Don's for a surprise 30th birthday party for my cousin Brittyne (Fitz link to the right) made possible by here sis-in-law, my cousin Mel and her hubby Rob (Mel's bro). It was a make-your-own-sundae party. We had a great time and I think that Brittyne was surprised. It was good times and of course good food!! :) There was a good number of folks there (and Laura, it was more then wonderful to see you there!!!). The boys just ran around and played like crazy. Josie slept most of the afternoon away but did give her Momma some good smiles:

That is Riley and Josie sleeping soundly side-by-side, isn't that the cutest photo? (Riley is Brittyne's 3rd daughter born on May 27th.) After a couple hours of fun we headed to Aunt LeeAnn and Uncle Todd's for dinner and of course had a great time with them. The boys played outside there too. I am so sorry to say that Luke Thomas takes after his Momma and reacts badly to bug bites. He was just chewed alive by the mosquitoes and was pretty miserable for a couple of days. I ended up giving him Benadryl and putting on hydrocortisone cream to help him with the itching. Bless his heart, I know exactly what he feels like and it's no fun. He is all but better now by-the-way. We will certainly take BIG bug precautions with him in the future!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having fun! Aurora was about the same as Kaden. She was huddled in the chair with her ears covered for the first part of the movie. Sorry that Luke get bites like those...Aurora knows how that is too:)