Saturday, September 22, 2007

Futbol anyone?

Silly team picture:

Luke has started playing soccer through our church. The organization is called Upward Sports and I first heard of it because my cousins have played through it. It is a wonderful, wonderful group!
Upward is an evangelistic sports ministry specifically designed for kindergarten through sixth grade boys and girls that promotes salvation, character, and self-esteem in every child. (taken from their website)

The kids practice for one hour a week and then have a one hour game a week, that is very doable for a family of 6 trying to keep sane! The players are screened so they can divvy up the teams as evenly as possible. Every kiddo gets the same amount of playing time. I am praying that this will lay foundation for Luke so that he is a good sport. I am hoping that he learns how to play on a team and he will be able to always encourage his teammates. He is doing great so far! We are so proud of him. He has really picked up soccer quickly I think. He loves running out there and he is always cheering for his Rams! In the first game he scored 4 goals in the first half so in the second Coach Kyle kept him on defense and he did great! Uncle Thad I wish so much you could see him play---you would LOVE it! We will have to tape a game for you!

At practice:

Taking on the defenders by his lonesome:

Yeah for Luke!! Check out those shoes, Daddy LOVES those cleats!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

YEAAAAAHHHHH!!!! Soccer (futbol) is the best sport ever!!!!! I can soooo teach him tricks!!! By the way, I'm coaching two teams myself..Under 6 and an Under 8...watch out..they're letting ME mold little minds!!!!