Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Thanks and Texas

It's September 11th again and I can hardly believe that it has been 6 years since that tragic day. I, like everyone else, can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing. My heart goes out to the families that suffered loss and I also continue to pray for all our military families as we fight this ongoing war against terrorism. Today be thankful you live in the United States, be proud to be an American, and be humbled as there are so many willing to give their lives to keep us safe and free! God bless!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
On Thursday while driving to pick up Kaden-man at school, Michael and I decided to drive to San Antonio for the weekend! We have good friends there (Luke Thomas's namesake) and Michael desperately wanted to take the kiddos to SeaWorld. Anheuser-Busch allows a military family into one of their parks free once a year! (Good for them!) After mulling over the expenses of the trip, gas and hotel, etc. (sorry, that is how I am made), I decided we should do it. And I am SO glad! We had the best time. We had wonderful drives both ways, the kids were excellent!!! I am so proud of them.
In the 10 minute drive over to Luke's school to get him, we had found a kennel for Flash and talked with the McNishs about meeting for dinner on Friday night. By the time we got home, packed, loaded the car, took Flash to the kennel, etc, it was about 2:30 when we left. We didn't get to our room until a little after midnight. On Friday we slept (in a little) and drove downtown to a Rainforest Cafe. I thought the boys would really get a kick out of it! And I was right. They loved it there, they loved the nosies and the animals. We had a good time:

After lunch we went walked a block or so over to the Alamo and walked around there. The boys did a good job of not touching, come on--anyone out there with kiddos knows what I am talking about. At the Alamo they don't want you to touch the walls or anything. So we looked around a bit more outside and then headed back to rest before our dinner date.

We had a wonderful dinner with the McNishs. What AMAZING people they are! Thank you Doc and Yona for dining with us! We went back to the room and went to bed for Saturday's day of fun at SeaWorld. I will cover that soon, I have SO many pictures so get ready for those!

1 comment:

connie said...

How fun to go on a spur of the moment trip! We have never been to the Alamo. Looks like a good time.