Thursday, January 31, 2008

Big(ger) Girl!

Celebrate! Yesterday I took Josie to the gastro doc again. Remember how she was throwing up all baby solid foods? Well she was starting to lose weight and we all got quite concerned. On Dec 21st, our first gastro visit, Josie weighed a mere 13 lbs 6 oz, less then what she weighed at 4 months mind you. Yesterday my sweetie was 14 pounds 8 ounces! Praise God for that! I was so thrilled I could have kissed the doctor! He said that she looks great and let's keep on doing what we are doing and he will see us again in 5 weeks. What we are doing is--feeding her big people food, no more baby food for this girl, she is getting chicken and veggies, spaghetti, whatever we are eating. And the girl does LOVE to eat. She eats more then my boys at some meals, no I'm not kidding! She'll have 5 pieces of adult-sized bites of chicken, 5 slices of peaches and a 1/2 can of veggies! And then Cherrios or crackers after that. The doc told me to keep feeding her until she stops eating so that's what we'll do. Josie is doing so well, a much needed answer to my prayers! Thank you to everyone else who prayed for my angel girl.

2 comments:

Belva Jean said...

Woo Hoo!! She's going to be a chunky monkey :) Look at those teeth! She's growing up too fast...sure you don't want to have another one :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I love reading news like that. I agree, I would love another baby around! -Jackie