Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What goes around...

STAYS around! Where I have been you ask? Sick, we are all sick. Ugh. A quick recap for you. After Gabriel's party on Sun afternoon we had a Game Night at our house. I thought Michael was going to invite a couple of couples over and he invited about 20 people! It was loads of fun though, pictures to come I promise. The sick week: Mike threw up all Mon night and then left for Seattle 5AM Tues morning. Josie has had a pretty ucky cough for a while. I took her to the doc on Thurs and they did a chest x-ray, thought it was pneumonia--thank God it wasn't, her lungs looked great but she is on an anti-biotic. Respiratory virus and ear infections. But she is still her sweet, sweet self and is eating like crazy! She is all but better now! Thurs I started feeling terrible, cold and sinus junk. Kaden threw up all night bless his bones. First all over the dining room, I quickly sent him to continue in the bathroom but the toilet seat was down and you can imagine what that did. It took me over 40 minutes to clean the bathroom, the floors, the WALLS! (Mike--my darling husband--from thousands of miles away in Washington says "What? Is that a long time?" GRRrrrrrr.) Kaden didn't go to school on Friday but did stop throwing up. He has a terrible cough now but mainly at night. He hasn't thrown up again but he also won't really eat anything. Luke has a cough. Gabriel has a terrible cold. I am still pretty sick but am beginning to see the light at the end.
I think about blogging, I just didn't have the energy. I blog in my head, as my sis-in-law tells me she always does. One night at 3:30 AM as I was playing "Whose cough is that?!" I was thinking about how lucky we are that we are such a healthy family (now--not back in the rotovirus days--check Feb-Mar-Apr of 06 in the archives) When we get sick it's usually all together and for a week or so. I'm glad this one is almost over. I have been pretty wiped out! I don't think I have slept more then an hour in a row the past week. What important jobs we Mommys have!
On Friday when I could hardly function and Josie was sleeping in her crib, I brought all the boys in the family room for a rest party complete with bedding. They laid there and watched Aladdin while I slept on the couch. Kaden and Gabriel ended up sleeping too. My boys were so sweet that day! You can play "Where's Waldo" with Gabriel in this photo:

So, I'm back and I have a lot to blog. Fun times, no more sick blogs (hopefully)!!!

1 comment:

Belva Jean said...

Well, the slumber party looks like fun, even if the reason behind it isn't the most fun. Get better soon everyone!
Can't wait to see pics of your housefull of couples :)