Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Rockin Band

So like I said, after Gabriel's birthday party we had invited over a bunch of people that work with Michael. We had too much food and too much fun. It was supposed to be a Game Night but turned into Rock Band night (after the Giants beat the Packers anyways...) Another Mike had brought over all his Rock Band stuff, for those of you that don't know it's basically the Guitar Hero game with a microphone and drums as well. You can play up to 4 instruments/4 people at a time. My goodness did we have fun. Unfortunately I didn't get enough pictures of when most people were there because I was feeding Josie and dealing with all the little ones running around. But here are some shots of those of us jammin' in the late hours:
Michael was singing Radiohead's "Creep" and it was hilarious, everyone was dying laughing. What a goof he was:
Here's a friend playing drums, there is a foot pedal too and you can see what the screen looks like, there are 3 "tracks" in the middle for the drums and 2 guitars, and then the lyrics and voice track are along the top.
Mike is lead, I'm bass, Andy's singing, and man do we not look serious!

No pictures of me singing but I did, I rocked out to Aerosmith's "Train Kept A Rollin'" (ALL NIGHT LONG), the Monkees "Last Train to Clarksville", and "My Sharona". I can't remember what all Michael sang but boy he was something else! (Love you honey!) Next time I will record him singing, that will be awesome. And there will be a next time because I think we are going to have to buy this. It is soooo much fun and I loved playing! Michael wants to play with you Gienkes so badly. He can't wait to bring it to St. Louis! Course we have to afford it first... And next time we are together, I can't wait for you to sing for us Belva Jean! :)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You had hunky military boys at your house and I wasn't invited?!?!?! What type of friends are you??? hehe. Glad you had a good time :)

Belva Jean said...

What fun! Can't wait till we can have a "game night" with everyone :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!!
Love,
Sam G.