Thursday, January 22, 2009

About time!!!

Here I am! And with pictures too! Sorry I haven't blogged, but it's nice to know so many people were worried about us. We are fine, things have just been crazy busy. We went to STL last weekend and that put a little freeze on the blogging...but now I am ready. Here we go!!!!
*****OH WAIT---Gabriel turned 4 on Tues!!! Can you believe it? We celebrated with fam in STL but I left my camera there. (BUMMER!!!) My Mom will be bringing it to me in Feb when she comes for Kaden's 6th b-day! (is that even possible?????) So until then...Happy Birthday my sweet boy!!!
*****Now we're cruising...
We flew down to Ft. Lauderdale on Jan 2nd., and stayed the night in a hotel with a shuttle service to the docks. Here we are waiting in the lobby for our shuttle. 2 excited kids:During the cruise we tried to become pros at the take-it-yourself shots. I figured Jackie and Thad can do it, why can't we. Thank goodness for digital cameras!! We took about 5 or 6 pics for each photo we kept :) Here's our boat from the bus, the anticipation was just about killing us.Michael and I at the life jacket drill:The lido deck. Yes, Michael went down the slide. I tried twice but it was closed (due to wind) both times. What a fun boat :)
This is the Freedom restaurant. It was the almost 24 hour buffet place. Yum. We had some breakfasts and lunches there. This photo was for you Jackie, you know, the whole NYC thing!Lobby. Pretty fancy:
Some night shots out on the deck. It was crazy windy up there! The big screen you see was used for movies (we didn't watch one), for nature vidoes (you know--relaxing type scenes) and for NFL play-off football. Michael and I did watch part of one game while lounging in the hot tub. Not too bad!!!

That covers the first "day" on the boat. I will blog tomorrow and continue with the cruise. Come back and check, you can trust me! :)

1 comment:

Belva Jean said...

I was wondering if I was going to have to call and harass you again about putting up pictures :)
So glad you all had a marvelous time and can't wait to see the rest of the pics.


Happy Birthday to Gabriel! I can't believe he's four! Seriously Crazy...they are growing too fast. The gift is in the mail :)