Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tuesday was St. Thomas

We arrived in St. Thomas early the next morning. It was a pretty island. It surprises me how lush and green they are! These islands are amazing. We went on an island tour there. We had time to shop and then we drove up to the "mountain top" for the incredible view and it didn't disappoint! Afterwards we were dropped off at a beach. Fun, full day! Here is a couple of water view shots right across from the shopping plazas:Michael at the super-fun, way-over-priced, anything-you-could-want pirate shop:About a 1/4 of the way up the mountain. Our bus stopped for some shots:We were winding our way up the mountain. This is about 1/2 way up on the opposite side from where we last were. At the mountain top at last! This is Magen's (pronounced Meghan's) Bay. It is so amazingly beautiful. The different blue colors in the water were spectacular! The beach there is a very popular place to go because it's so pristine. It costs $4 to get in there and $5 to get out! That's one way to get your money!!! :) The other islands out there are St. John's and Tortola (which we would go to in a couple of days!). Quite a view, huh?The mountain top is "famous" for their banana daiquiris! I was SO excited to have one. Well it was TERRIBLE! Michael said that more then 1/2 of it was rum and then they put an extra shot on top. I only alcohol when it doesn't taste like alcohol. This was NOT the case. I took one drink...thought I would give it one more try...still hated it and threw it out! But I did get my picture taken with my empty plastic cup to remember the moment :)Next we went to Coqui Beach. It was pretty fantastic and I'm not much of a beach person. The water was awesome! We snorkeled over by those rocks:We did use our underwater disposable camera here. I will post those pics when I get inspired to scan them into the computer! Here I am floating in the Caribbean. Still can't get over that water!Michael with an iguana (nope, not a wild one...)One last view from across the street from our beach (yeah, the water was separated by no more then 100 yards! Crazy!)And here was our nightly towel animal. Any guesses? We don't know...but it's cute!

2 comments:

Belva Jean said...

It's an armadillo! I figure it's a good guess anyway. Sorry you didn't like the banana daquiri, I don't think I would have liked it either. The beach, water, and mountains look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing trip you were able to have. I would have loved seeing that much sun! And the water, so beautiful!!! As for your towel animal, my guess is a walrus sending a kiss with whiskers and all.

Take Care,
Heidi