Monday, February 25, 2008

Singing and sickness

Well it was a quick and (for the most part) wonderful weekend for us. Michael got home on Friday evening, the kids were so excited, they about tackled him as he came in. Michael and I played Rock Band all night long--so fun. (Mel, Psych has upgraded from a van to a bus and then a jet--we are world-wide with over 300, 000 fans. Pretty fun!) Saturday we went to Luke's basketball game:And we got a visit from Kelly in the afternoon! Thanks for coming over Kelly, it had been too long and it was so good to see you! Saturday night Michael and I played again! :) Then as we were heading to bed at 12:30, Gabriel got up puking and puking some more. Lovely. He threw up ALL night long! I "slept" with them, though we never went more then 45 minutes without him getting sick. Sunday I ran to the store to get some last minute things before Michael left (yes, again!!!!) We missed out on Kaden's t-ball practice (yeah, it's February and they have started practice!!!), since Michael left at 2, there was no way for me to get him there with a continuously puking Gabriel. He continued to get sick until about 4pm. He did great last night, slept very well. During the night though, I threw up--just one session, but that was enough. I am not feeling terrible today but not well either. Yuck. Gabriel was sick again this morning, bless his bones. Fortunately we made it to Kaden's school without him getting sick in the car. We shall see what happens when I go pick up the boys!

Let me give you a run down of our week. Monday--Luke t-ball practice at 5:15 (about 9 miles from our house) Tuesday--Luke dentist for 2 more fillings at 3, t-ball at 5:15, basketball at 6. How are we going to do that one? Wednesday--AWANA (church) starting at 6:15. Thursday--Luke t-ball at 5:15. All this with a sick Gabriel? I don't know how yet. I am praying and praying that no one else gets sick. Feel free to join in with these prayers! I'll let you know how it goes or doesn't go for that matter.

So for some smiles, here is a video of Luke singing "My Sharona" with some help from Gabriel. Pretty cute.

And just wait Uncle Thaddeus, Kaden has started "singing" to Epic, the end of the song. "What is it? It's it.....What is it?......What is it? It's it.....What is it." It's hilarious! Trust me.

And last but not least, a Josie Claire update---she continues to eat well and is gaining weight like crazy! We will go back to the gastro doc next week sometime. She has had a little bit of a cold and Saturday I noticed why--she's working on 3 new teeth, 2 top and 1 bottom. They broke through this weekend. 8 teeth now for my angel girl.

1 comment:

Dan, Kellie & Kiddos said...

Jess-I feel your pain with sick kids - I hope it doesn't go to everyone in your fam-STAY WELL - I know, easier said than done!