Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Kaden's Yankee Debut

Alright, alright, so I haven't posted in a few days, I'm sorry!! We have been CRAZY busy. I'll quickly fill you in. Michael was supposed to be home on Friday night but his plane was canceled due to terrible weather in Memphis! Bummer! He would be home Saturday afternoon. Too little, too late for us (no offense honey). Our Saturday was jam packed. Luke had his last Upward Basketball game at 10AM and then both boys had a t-ball game at 11, remember they are on different teams this year. So I decided to let Luke play half his b-ball game, we changed him into his other uniform in the girls' bathroom at the church and then headed to the baseball park. It was 30 degrees outside and windy OF COURSE! It was freezing out there, the only plus was that there was sunshine! I took WAY too many pictures of them playing ball, I about lost my fingers to frost bite but it was well worth it. Fortunately the boys' outfields back up to each other so I stood right there at the fence line and was able to watch both games at the same time! That was kinda handy...so I guess there was another plus. Seeing that I have so many fun photos I decided to split them up. Up first is Kaden-man and his Yankee debut. He is SO fun to watch. Kaden certainly does LOVE t-ball. He has showed quite the improvement from last year but still likes to play in the dirt and run around in circles in the field---awesome! He's gets so much joy out of everything! Kaden started out as the pitcher:
After his first hit:
Celebrating a game well played! Kaden is in the navy jacket there on the left of all the kiddos:
Here's poor Josie and Gabriel in the COLD waiting for the games to be over. My angel fell asleep and I had here completely covered in the stroller!
When Kaden finished I took the 3 of them to the van with me and had the coach bring Luke when his game was over--it was TOO cold to let my baby sit out there any longer then she had too. We waited for Luke for almost 20 minutes! I will blog about Luke's joyous t-ball start next time!

1 comment:

Belva Jean said...

Looks like it was fun, even thought it was cold!
We are looking forward to starting practice next week...should hear from the coach (whoever that may be) this week. Enjoy the rest of your baseball season!