Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My first ever

On Saturday night I attended my first ever Air Force Dining Out. This is a black-tie dinner, very formal and very exciting for this stay-at-home-Mom that switches between workout pants and jeans! We had a great time. It was fun to get all dressed up and spend an adult evening out, plus I got to eat prime rib and that is always a good thing for me! Thanks to our sweet sitter who fed and stayed with our kiddos so we could enjoy this night! And here's the happy couple:This is my best friend here, Michelle, I don't think you have seen her on the blog though you have heard about her and have seen her 2 boys many a time. Girls lookin' good:The dinner was over at a little after 9 and we didn't want to go home, not with sitters planning to stay late, so Mike, Jonathan, Michelle, and I headed over to a Starbucks so they could enjoy their nasty-nasty coffee and I could have some hot chocolate. We of course got some sideways looks and I told Michelle the people were thinking "I didn't know 30-year-olds went to prom..." We had such fun just sitting there talking and laughing. What a great night. It was a long time coming for me and worth the wait!

1 comment:

Belva Jean said...

Yeah!! you finally got to go to a dining out!! You guys look great! Glad you took advantage of having a sitter and got some good hot chocolate :)