Thursday, May 29, 2008

More flowers and news

Hello all! Thought I would send out a quick update and let you know how I am doing. I am recovering pretty well. I am all but back to normal. I did have a setback last night and had to take a percocet because my head was hurting quite a bit. Yesterday was my first day without a nap so I think that had something to do with the 'extra' pain. I went to bed at 9 and watched 2 episodes of "The Office", they made me laugh and I did feel better. My ear still bleeds just a little bit off and on, no biggee there. The worst part of all is that I have a metallic taste in my mouth and that SUCKS!!! (sorry Momma, but it's true!) It is there ALL the time, when I eat it is not so bad (that is good) but when I drink anything it's magnified!!! It's terrible! I can hardly stand soda and I LOVE my soda. What will I do without my Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper and Cherry Coke Zero?! Come to think of it...maybe my lack of caffeine is why my head hurt yesterday......what do you think? Yeah, probably the "drilled through the skull" thing. :)
On Tuesday I got some more flowers from my sweetie. He ordered them on Friday but they called and said they couldn't deliver because of Memorial Day. So Tuesday they came and they are gorgeous! And check out the card:
"No Fault Of The Sender". I think that's funny!
Today Josie has her appointment with the people from Sooner Start. It will be interesting to see what they have to say. I will give you a full report. Baseball is back in the swing. Luke has practice at 5:30 and Kaden a game at 6:15. T-ball runs until the middle of June or so depending on how many postseason tournaments the teams decide to play.
I am currently reading "Founding Mothers" by Cokie Roberts, all about the wives and women that played a pivotal role in the founding of our country. WOW! Pretty inspiring stuff in there. Those women were pretty remarkable. I cannot imagine living in those times and under those circumstances. Anyone interested in history should read this book.
Thanks again for the prayers, calls, and cards. I appreciate them all! Love to you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww, i hope you get better soon.

Arlene,
Puyallup flowers

Alisa said...

Glad to hear you are recovering well!