Monday, May 12, 2008

Take me out

to the ball game with my hubby and two oldest kids...
Saturday night Mike and I took Kaden and Luke to the Oklahoma Redhawks game (AAA team of the Texas Rangers). They lost to the Fresno Grizzlies but we still had SO much fun. The boys were excellent and had a wonderful time. Everyone around us thought they were adorable as they were yelling out thier baseball knowledge. We sat 6 rows behind the plate! Awesome. And for $12 a seat--I kid you not! I of course took lots of fun pics. Here's a picture for Grandmom, us with Johnny Bench (her fav):
The field:
Luke and Kaden with Rowdy the Redhawk, they got the biggest kick out of this!
Look at the sign on the fair pole (yes I know it's the foul pole, but if the ball hits it, it's fair so in my book that makes it a fair pole) Pretty clever:
View from our seats, not too shabby:
The boys wanted ice cream, of course I said yes. They had 2 helmet bowls there. Yankees, which thrilled Kaden to no end because his t-ball team is the Yankees (THAT IS WHY HE HAS THAT HAT ON, make no mistake, we don't cheer for the Bronx in this house---sorry about that Aunt Jackie!) And then of course the other was the CARDS :) as it should be:
Luke is such a cheeseball, I couldn't get him to smile for real, so this is what you got!
Oh yes and the biggest news. In the first inning, Mike got a foul ball for the kiddos. He about took out a 13 year old girl to get it though. That was a tad bit embarrassing, but what can you do?! The boys were insanely excited about it! We took pics with our cell phone but not the actual camera, when I figure out how to send the photo to my e-mail I will put it on the blog.

No comments: