Monday, May 05, 2008

Quickies

I promised that I would be a much better blogger and though I have tried, things have slipped through the cracks of time so I figured I would do a little quick catch up.
Last Wednesday had 2 big milestones! First of all I got contacts! Yep, I am still SUPER excited. I can pretty much put them in and out now with no problem. Every once in a while everything goes blurry but as soon as I blink a couple of times my vision goes back to normal. (this usually happens when I am reading!)
Right after my eye doc appointment I headed to church with Luke and Kaden for our 2nd to last week of AWANA! I cannot believe it is over already. We had the Sparks Awards that night. (K, 1st, and 2nd, I help with the 2nd graders) Luke received his award and was thrilled. For those of you familiar with AWANA he is almost through his first book, just 2 green jewels left! He should have those done the first week of AWANA in the fall :) AWANA is a program centered around memorizing bible verses and Luke did such a great job, I am so proud of him. I took some pictures, they didn't come out well, but here they are anyways:



This Wednesday is the Sparks party and Kaden will be having his Cubbies party and awards, I won't get to be there for his pics :( Maybe I can figure out a way...

Last Thursday I went to the ENT again. Remember from months ago (years ago actually) I have a hole in my eardrum that requires surgery to fix it. Well because of my pregnancy with Josie and my nursing we put off the surgery and now it is time...ugh. So we are awaiting my insurance approval and then we schedule. Hopefully the end of this month, right after the boys are done with school (May 21st! That is crazy, I will have a Kindergartner and 1st grader!!! WOW!) Surgery should be no big deal, out-patient with a couple of days to recover. I can do that, right?!

Last Thursday night Oklahoma City had terrible weather, a couple of tornadoes touched down, and our house was hit by 2 hailstorms. We had tennis ball size hail, I have never seen that before, CRAZINESS!!! Mike and I were a little freaked, we got everything ready to head to our storm shelter in our garage--WHAT A PEACE OF MIND THAT PROVIDES!!! The kids didn't blink an eye. Hail pinging off the windows and even Josie didn't get upset. Glad they aren't afraid of thunderstorms like their Momma! Mike took this pic of the hail outside, about golf ball size then:

One more fun photo! Sweet girl riding on her Daddy's shoulders, if you look carefully on the side of her head by her right ear, you can see HAIR wisps! It's very exciting!

2 comments:

Belva Jean said...

It took me 9 years of wearing glasses before I got contacts...lucky :)

Glad everything else continues to go well for you guys. We are so thankful you have a storm shelter...it gives a lot of peace of mind!

Kelly said...

YEAH!!!! Contacts!!!! I'm so proud of you!!! Sorry you had the storm, it was nice and sunny down here...I actually got my Michael to mow the yard that day!!