Saturday, August 16, 2008

OK, OK, I get it already!!!

Now I know. Now I get it. My hubby is long gone and good 'ol Murphy has kicked in his law. Note the time of this post. It's 12:15 AM. Had a good night, put the kids to bed with a movie. Chilled, watched some Cards, watched a TON of Olympics. I ordered a veggie pizza for myself and life was good. Olympics actually ended kinda early and so off to bed I went. One quick stop at the potty and darn it all...the toilet flooded, after I flushed. It was done, it was quiet, and yet when I was leaving the bathroom and I heard a loud gurgling sound. Water flooded half my master bath in like half a second. Okay, so more like a quarter of my bath, but gimme a break, I am looking for sympathy points here. Well 40 minutes later and a load of 8 soaked towels in the wash and I am realizing that Michael is really gone. See unless you are a military spouse (and maybe this happens with all spouses that go away with work----I just am obviously surrounded by military families), unless you are a military spouse you might just not understand that things always happen with the guys are gone. The fridge breaks, stitches for the kiddos, whatever...trust me we will all tell you it's true. They leave and parts of our life fall apart around us. We all have plenty of stories to share on this fact. I've now had my first issue and Michael's deployment seems real enough. I told you that it hadn't hit me yet. That I believe has changed. Ugh. It's hard, I will not lie to you, I am proud, I am willing, but it's really hard. Now I realize it might seem a little silly, that some of you are thinking "why is she getting so crazy about a toilet overflow?!" It just that it reminds me I am fully into this deployment, Michael is gone and I will be the one and only running this house and making the decisions. It's a tough job. Of course that is why I thank God for my amazing family and friends that help me through these trying times. Thanks to all of you for your love, support, and prayers. Does anyone know a good plumber??
**************************
We made another paper chain to count Michael's days. The boys were really excited about doing it until we started and then they wanted to be somewhere else. But we got it done. The boys wrote out the numbers. We number every 5th chain so we can count how long Daddy has been gone. You see, you never count down because their arrival home changes only 1,000 times if you lucky. So you count up to see how far you've come.
The chain is up in my dining room and it shows me I'm in for the long haul, but more importantly it shows me that there is an end in sight!
Thanks for reading my potty time venting. I needed to write it.
Michael babe, I miss you and I love you so much. Stay safe!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jesse,
I guess metaphorically speaking that toilet was your "good cry" that you were holding in. I'm sorry to hear that you had to deal with that, hopefully that is all you have and that the rest of the time is smooth sailing. I wish I could have been there, I would have given you my towels. Give the kids a hug for me and remember that you are loved.

Hugs from Germany, Heidi

Anonymous said...

I think the toilet overflowing is funny. But then again, that's the kind of guy I am. I love you Jess.

Mike

Belva Jean said...

Sorry the toliet flooded. That is no fun!

Mike, you only think it was funny cause you didn't have to clean it up :)
(Glad you have access to the blog)

Love you jess