Monday, October 06, 2008

Soccer Signing Saturday

Saturday morning Luke was feeling pretty good and he wanted to go and see his soccer team even though he can't play anymore. When I told him in the hospital that he couldn't play soccer he asked "But can I still go and cheer for my team?" What a sweet little guy! I said "Of course you can!" We will always be there on Saturdays for Kaden's game so Luke will continue to watch and cheer for his Tigers. We got him all dressed in his uniform and we headed out Saturday morning for the 10 o'clock games. Luke's coach Manny, the kids, and the parents made such a sweet fuss over Luke. I know that he enjoyed that! All the kids signed his cast and he was just thrilled with that. He sat with his team on the sideline, they all prayed for him at halftime, and he even went through the line at the end of the game. I was so proud of him. So proud of the way he has handled himself through all of this. Luke LOVES to play soccer and now he can't and so he cheers. No complaining, no crying about it. What a good boy! I thought I would post all the pics of Luke and save the Kaden photos for next time around. So here ya go.
Cheering them on:

Halftime signings:The finished product:Mean (and probably too overprotective) Mom made Luke sit in a chair with his arm propped up on a pillow about 15 feet back from the field. Luke didn't appreciate that very much but I thought that was the right way to go.Didn't bother him TOO much when the girls came over... Coach Manny made sure Luke was at the front of the line:

1 comment:

Belva Jean said...

Great job supporting your team Luke!!