Sunday, April 05, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Josie Claire!

Yesterday my sweet angel baby turned 2! I can hardly believe it. It does feel like yesterday that she came into this world, yet it feels as if she has always been with us. Yesterday was a crazy busy day and we were only together as a family for about an hour of it! Bummer. Today the celebration continues when it can, more on that later. Back to birthday day----Josie woke up (early!) and in a great mood :) We had a nutritious and wonderful breakfast of donuts! Yummy!
Right after breakfast we rushed the boys to get haircuts before Luke's baseball tournament. And what a tournament it was! He had 4 games yesterday! Yes, 4 and he is only 7. I think that is crazy! We played every other game ALL DAY LONG, so there was no time to go home and rest in between. And to make matters worse the first game of the day went over by 40 minutes! That of course threw everything else off. I am sick with a cold (yuck!) and was not feeling to well yesterday. We all went to Luke's first game but the kids and I left about 1/2 way through (about 12:30) so I could get them lunch and let Josie nap and I could nap myself. Mike and Luke came home right after the second game (about 3:30) and Luke was able to rest at home for a whopping 20 minutes before we had to head back to the field. I returned with Luke and watched his 3rd and 4th games. Mike stayed home and put the kiddos to bed. Luke and I didn't make it home until about 8:35. It was a LONG day let me tell you! Luke's games start again today at 1! Wow, this is nuts!
This morning we actually had Josie open her presents! :) She was a pretty happy girl:
So her celebration has continued today. We are going to have an early lunch and have Josie's cake today before all the craziness of this Sunday start. Mike is leaving for the week around noon (Uuuuuuuuugh!) and Luke has to be back at the field about 12:30. Oh sweet Josie, you didn't have a very conventional birthday...but we do love you so! I thank God everyday for my baby girl. I cannot imagine life without you. I love you angel!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Josie..and the others better get used to not having "conventional" birthdays :) But, as long as you have family and well wishes, that's all you really need!!
Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Happy 2nd Birthday, sweet Josie girl! It's only fitting that on a "2nd" birthday you get 2 days of celebrating even if they weren't the whole day. I'm sure she will enjoy all the girl toys. I especially like the picture with the doll in the stoller. Too Cute!

Sending big hugs for Josie,
Love, Heidi