Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Our ONE day with Daddy

Michael was gone all of last week, working hard in Vegas (of all places!). He came home about 11pm on Friday night, stayed Saturday with us and left 4am on Easter Sunday morning. Now he is somewhere, doing something, and coming home when he's done. Nice, huh? One of the perks of being a military spouse :)
Saturday was a beautiful and full day for us! In the morning we took the kiddos to see "Monsters vs. Aliens" at the 10:00 $4 show. The kids had a good time and liked the movie. Afterwards we came back had lunch and I watched the Cards stomp the Astros while the kiddos and Daddy played outside. Bubbles and catch, what a great afternoon!!!
When the Cards game ended it was time for dinner, we ate and then dyed our eggs. The kids really enjoyed this. I striped down the boys because I didn't want anyone to stain anything. Not a problem, I don't think we spilled a drop! From my family's tradition growing up we write names on the eggs with a crayon before we dye them. There is always a "Jesus" egg, always an "Easter" egg, and always an ugly egg--this one has no name but is dyed in all the colors. This year we didn't have too many eggs (Luke and I are the only ones who will eat them) and of the few I have 5 didn't make it through boiling so no one is to be offended if your name didn't end up on an egg. We went very generic this year but I promise you were mentioned by name! There were our family's 6 eggs, Jesus, Easter, God, Grandmas, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Friends, baseball (uh, yeah!), Air Force, Buzz Lightyear, and the ugly egg. Yummy fun! Here are the pics:

And even though Michael didn't make it into any of the photos, I promise he was there. Did you see his green "Darth" egg? Now you know I wouldn't have made that egg! I'll be back soon to post some pics of Easter morning. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there now. I miss you guys and hope to see you soon. I love you.

Mike