Tuesday, April 07, 2009

too cold

I thought I would give some baseball updates before getting back to Josie's cake time. You know, spice things up a bit for you readers at home :) Luke had that crazy tournament all weekend. He had 4 games on Saturday and it was his first time to catch. Here are a couple of pics from that day. Be prepared Grandmas, he looks OLD!!!!!!
Luke had another game on Sunday and man was it cold! It was in the 40's and the wind was insane! I had all the kids there because Michael left earlier that day to go spend a week in sunny Vegas---bummer! The only reason I stayed and watched the game (as opposed to going and sitting in the van) was that Josie fell asleep---it was her nap time---and I was able to completely cover her with a heavy blanket. I snapped a few quick pics at the beginning of the game: Last night, Kaden had a game and it was pretty miserable weather for that one too. Thank goodness there was sunshine!!! This time I was more prepared, I brought extra blankets, winter coats, hats, and gloves, the kiddos had on 2 pairs of pants! Poor Kaden-man, he was wearing a 2 shirts, a jersey, a sweatshirt, and his Yankee jacket, and of course extra pants! But I did my job and he stayed warm! We knew that he if won this game he would play another one. I was hoping for them to lose so I could take the kiddos home, it was too cold to be out there, it would be passed their bedtime, and I am still a little sick, I did NOT want to stay. Well, we came back and won the game. Darn! It was now 7:20, my kids go to bed at 7:30...Kaden had another game. The other team was already there and ready to go. Well, the umps disappeared. We didn't start the second game until 7:50 meaning it wouldn't be over until 9! 9, no way! I was too sickly, it was too late, I had 2 pretty stinky boys with me, and Josie was cold! Kaden played the first inning and then I told his coach we had to go, I tried to make it but it wasn't happening. He understood and we left! (Kaden did get to bat first in the 2nd inning so we stayed for that!) I maintain I did the right thing by leaving (don't judge me Thaddeus!!!) It was 45 degrees when we got in the van with some 30-40 mile an hour winds. TOO COLD FOR T-BALL!!! Here are some cute pics from last night despite the cold:

Don't worry I will not forget Gabriel's t-ball story. Craziness last Wednesday, here's the short story: Kelly (friend from high school) was over at the house visiting me. We had AWANA and Gabes had a game. I was counting on Michael taking Gabe to his game because I help lead at AWANA. Well Michael went MIA and so thanks to Kelly Gabriel was able to go to his one inning (big surprise to me!) game and receive his first ever t-ball trophy. Thanks Kelly for your help and for taking this super cute pic of Gabriel:There are more photos of Josie and her b-day weekend coming, they are too adorable!

1 comment:

Belva Jean said...

Baseball season is too crazy for you!

They all look adorable and Gabe is sweet as pie with his trophy.