Sunday, April 19, 2009

Remember April 19, 1995

Words from the memorial:


"WE COME HERE TO REMEMBER
THOSE WHO WERE KILLED, THOSE WHO SURVIVED AND THOSE CHANGED FOREVER.
MAY ALL WHO LEAVE HERE KNOW THE IMPACT OF VIOLENCE.
MAY THIS MEMORIAL OFFER COMFORT, STRENGTH, PEACE, HOPE AND SERENITY."
---------------------------------------------------------------------
It is hard to believe it's been 14 years since this tragedy. I still remember the pain, the fear, and the loss of that day. I can still hear the reporters words ringing in my ears. I can remember seeing the people bleeding in the streets. I can see the heroes, the fireman, policemen, doctors, and nurses doing all they could to help. I can remember sobbing for all the families affected. I remember the overwhelming feeling of helplessness. I can tell you names of the beloved children that were killed and those angels that survived. I can also remember all the love, support, and encouragement that came from around the country. I remember the beautiful words spoken by Rev. Billy Graham and then-president Clinton. I will never forget these things. I do not want to forget these things. My heart is still broken for the needless, senseless loss of that terrible, terrible day. Today let's remember those lost, those that survived, and those that gave of themselves. God grant peace to Oklahoma today.

No comments: