Thursday, March 08, 2007

Locks, parks, and thanks

Hey there all. How's it going? We are hanging in there and just taking things day-by-day. I am ready for Michael to be home, that's for sure. And for those of you who don't know, he called me last night!!!! I was SO thrilled to hear his voice, I kicked my sis-in-law off the phone to talk with him. (she understood, it's all good :)
We have had a pretty good week, a few down moments like when I locked the boys in the van. Oh yeah, it's true. I got all inspired to clean out some of the garage (we still have a TON of moving boxes in there, no one comes to pick up boxes here, it's really frustrating) I loaded up the van to the ceiling, packed boxes around the boys and everything, shut the sliding door and the doors locked, why? I don't know. All kiddos can get out of their car seats at an early age except for mine apparently. I kept trying to get Luke and Kaden to undo themselves, Kaden didn't understand, Luke tried and starting crying when he couldn't get it done, he kept telling me "Mom, you just come in and do it." Well after about 25 minutes of me trying to stick a wire hanger through the window and telling the boys to keep trying, I decided to actually call someone. And literally when I hung up the phone Luke screamed "I'm out Mom, I did it." So I called back to cancel, but just so you know, when there are kids locked in a car it's only $35 to get it open!!! Good to know right?! So we eventually made it to the recycling place, and then I took the kiddos to the park so they could play. Good times there:




And I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been checking in on me since Michael left. Thanks for the phone calls (Mom, Belva, Becks, Kelly), the e-mails (Mel, Aunt LeeAnn, Michelle), the prayers, and for my flowers. Heidi you are a dear and the flowers are just gorgeous, they brightened my heart and then my kitchen :)
Tomorrow I have an OB appointment, almost 35 weeks now :) And then on Tuesday, I have an appointment with the ENT doc. Remember a long time ago when I told you guys I have to ear surgery after the baby is born? Well, we are coming on baby time and need to know how quickly I need my surgery after she arrives. I will keep you informed.

3 comments:

connie said...

How scary to lock the kids in. I have never done that, but the dog locked herself in one time when the car was running. Oh the wonderful things that happen when the guys are gone :) It is always something!! Cant wait to see a pic of Josie!!!!

mad4books said...

God bless you! At least life with kids is never boring. :-)

I accidentally did this with my newborn, btw. The little pad that was supposed to hold her head in place in her car seat wasn't holding it up, and her little body was bent unnaturally (car seats weren't nearly as good in the '80s).

The engine was off because I was pumping gas, and it was getting HOT in there even though the windows of my '71 Chevy Impala were cracked. I was scared to death and ran inside for help.

Good thing we were in a bad part of town. I was freaking out and begging the guy behind the counter to call the police, the fire department, ANYONE (this was before cell phones, too!) when two shady characters walked up to me and said that they could get the car door open.

They pulled a slim jim out of the trunk; it took all of about 10 seconds. They refused any money and got out of there before the "PO-leece" showed up.

I thanked God for them later that night. Whew.

Belva Jean said...

Of course, it happens while Mike is gone. Glad you are all ok. That is alway my worse fear-being locked out of the house, car, etc. and not be able to get to them.