Sunday, June 03, 2007

Busy baseball weekend!!

Thank goodness it's Sunday evening! This weekend was crazy busy for us. Coach Ken asked if Luke would be able to play up with the 6-7 year old t-ball team for this weekend. I agreed because I knew that Luke would love to play and that at least it would give us something to do this weekend. My only reservation was that it could interfere with nap time for Kaden and Gabriel so how would that work?! Nap time is from 1 to 3-ish. Well good thing for us the games were 1:40 and 2:50 on Saturday and then 12 and 2:50 today. YIKES. But all things considered the boys did great and Josie just slept through both double headers. What an angel girl. Yesterday we packed up after lunch to head to the field, today I took Luke's uniform and lunches to church with us and as soon as the service was over we headed to the games. Whew. We are all tuckered!

Luke played great. He was either left or right field. Over the weekend he was 2 for 6 and made 5 good plays in the field with 2 assists. I'm proud of him. These kids were bigger and faster then those he is used to playing with. The team ended up in 3rd, you saw my happy camper above. He was and still is thrilled. He is still holding his trophy.

Here's Luke at bat, on base, scoring, he was captain before the 4th game, and 2 trophy pictures.


This is how my other ones spent their time. Kaden is singing into his water, it was hilarious.

And despite our schedules being all thrown off I got BIG smiles from my angel girl last night. I can't get a head-on picture but this one is still gorgeous!! Grandmas I know you are loving this!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB Luke Thomas!!! Many more trophies to come in the future I'm sure!!
Love, Kelly

Belva Jean said...

What a fun way to spend a weekend! Hope you get a little rest this week. So where will the trophy get to be displayed?