Monday, July 24, 2006

Bing, Bang, Ouch!!!!



Bless Gabriel's angel heart! We started off Daddy's trip with a bang, that is for sure. Less then 24 hours after Michael left, Gabriel and I headed off to the E.R. He fell into the fireplace and the brick won. About 11:40 this morning Gabriel fell and started screaming crying. I knew something was wrong just by his type of cry. When I picked him up there was blood everywhere (of course as head injuries bleed like crazy). We went right to the bathroom and I could tell that he needed stitches or something. Luke came in and asked what was wrong, he did not like seeing the blood on the floor and all over my shirt (white Mizzou shirt mind you!!) Luke did great, he ran and got the phone for me, then got the med kit from the van for me. My neighbor Natalie came over to watch Luke and Kaden for me. We tied some gauze around his head and I left. Took just over 30 minutes to get to the hospital. I talked with Belva and my Aunt LeeAnn and Uncle Todd as I drove there. I needed someone to keep me calm while I was driving. We got to the E.R. and waited about an hour to be taken back. By this time, Gabriel was done crying and was just talking away. The doc glued him up. The worst part for Gabriel was being held down, we had his arms in a pillowcase and then wrapped a sheet around him about 6 times. He was not happy about that! The whole process took less then 3 minutes. Now with the glue there is nothing to do but wait till it falls off itself. That is nice, no up keep or anything. I am just so sorry it happened. I talked to Michael while in the waiting room, he started class today, he was worried but did okay hearing the news. I bet he is glad he will be able to come home this weekend for sure! Of our 3 boys, Gabriel is the first with a wound like this, we oughta be thankful for that I guess.

You know it's an old AF wife joke that everything happens while the guys are away---pretty much that is true. What a day! Let's all say a prayer that this is my only adventure while Mike's away this time. I don't need life to be exciting and different, I would like things to be dull and boring!

Thank you again so much to Natalie and Cary for helping out with my kiddos. Thanks to Belva, Aunt LeeAnn, Uncle Todd, and Mom (Mike's Mom) for talking to me while I was driving and waiting for the docs. You guys were all great and exactly what I needed. I am so blessed with an amazing family. Thank you God for being with me as I drove to the hospital and providing for me as You always do. Thank you Gabriel wasn't more hurt then what he was.

Gabriel, my sweetheart, I am so sorry that you got hurt today.

Didn't I just write yesterday "never a dull moment"----I guess we proved that one again!!!

No comments: