Monday, July 24, 2006

Hole-y Car!

Well Luke should be proud of himself. Gabriel loves to watch Luke play with his cars, and look how it paid off. He was so proud of himself for lining up the cars like that. Course after I took the picture he proceeded to throw them all over the dining room, but that is a different story! What a cute smile on that kid!



And, get this: I went to the doc on Friday for my ear--here's the quick background. When I was at the doc back in March he noticed that I had a hole in my left eardrum, he just mentioned it in passing and said nothing else. I thought that was weird, but figured if he didn't think it was a big deal then why should I? On the 4th when we were at the beach one of those huge waves smacked me right in the head and flooded my ear and OHMIGOODNESS! it hurt something terrible for about 15 minutes. It has not been the same since, doesn't hurt it just feels strange and I have lost a considerable amount of hearing. So, went to the doc and he said that indeed I have a huge hole in my eardrum and an ear infection too (duh, large holes will lead to that). So he says that I need surgery. Now doesn't that just sound like fun? I looked up eardrum surgeries online and there are 2, an okay one and a more major one. There is one done in an office with local anesthesia fixed with skin, and one done in an operating room where you are completely knocked out with fat filling the hole (goodness knows I have enough of that to go around----so at least I have that going for me!) Of course this all happens right when Michael is leaving for 5 weeks... So now I have a referral to an ENT, that will come through this week, then I have to make an appointment, who knows how long that will take! I will keep you posted. Kelly we now have that much more in common, add crazy ear problems to our list! Has anyone ever heard of something like this??? Never a dull moment around here, I tell you what!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, ear problems suck...I'm STILL working on mine...but at least you can truly say you are a blonde airhead..hehe "Do you feel air rushing out?" That cracks me up!!!

connie said...

goodness Jess, i hope it is not as bad as it sounds.