Thursday, July 06, 2006

Our Vacation, Part 1

Hello all! Just wanted to fill you in on the vacation Michael and I took after his graduation. (I still need to post the graduation, don't I---I'll get there, I promise!) So we left Vegas on the 11th of June heading for San Diego. We stayed there for 3 days and had an amazing time.

The first day we went to SeaWorld--thank you Anheuser-Busch for the free tickets! We had a blast. We had Breakfast with Shamu, sat around his pool with a buffet, very nice. Orcas are HUGE!!!!! We saw all the shows and stayed from open to close. The manatees were my favorite. Michael liked the sharks, of course...

This was our view for breakfast.

Awesome dolphin show.

Yeah, I took this picture, about scared me to death!

The next day it was the San Diego Zoo. WOW, that place is pretty amazing. We walked around for most of the morning and then rode the double decker bus in the early afternoon. It was not an easy walk by any means, it seemed all uphill to me. My favorite part was definately seeing the Panda Bears. They are so cool, so beautiful. I am not sure what Michael liked the most, though we did go and see the snakes twice!!!! (yuck)

Momma Panda hanging out.

Could Koalas be any cuter??


After the Zoo we went downtown to the Gaslamp District, it's full of shops and restaurants. We had amazing mexican food, then Ghirardelli's for dessert (yummy). We went to the movies and saw "The Break Up".

Our last day there we went to the San Diego Wild Animal Park. That was so much fun as well. We walked all around that place, it is a mixture between a zoo and large open areas. They have lots of animals. We were so close to the lions, it was AWESOME! They are such huge cats! I am so glad that we got to go and visit San Diego, I had never been and it had been years and years since Michael was there.

Nothing between us but the glass, how cool is that?

"Africa" at the park, quite an amazing view, huh?

We left the park and headed up to Thad and Jackie's in LA. Hollywood here we come! I will finish another day, more fun pictures to come!

2 comments:

connie said...

I am so glad you guys such a good time. You guys always do fun stuff together.

Anonymous said...

I am so very happy you were able to have some time to yourselves. Since is was around your anniversary, what a great vacation and trip for the event. Michael always loved the zoo!