Friday, July 07, 2006

Our Vacation, Part 2

Alrighty, so the fun continues...we left San Diego Wild Animal Park to head up to my brother's apartment in Sherman Oaks (LA). Can I just say that LA traffic is absolutely unbelievable and I do not know how my brother, Mr. Impatience, survives there! We got there safely and chilled for the night.

The next morning bright and early we headed for Disneyland, it took us about 1 hour and 20 minutes to go less then 40 miles! Crazy traffic I tell you! We spent the day at Magic Kingdom and got to ride everything, even though every major attraction was shut down for one reason or another. We had a blast! I love being there. That night we ate at the Rainforest Cafe before heading to our hotel. (we got a hotel so we wouldn't have to make the drive to and from Thad's both days!)

On the teacups, by myself but oh so fun :)

Here's the man, well the mouse anyways

On Friday (June 16th) we went to California Adventure, you know the other side of Disneyland. Had a blast there too. I love the roller coaster there, very fun! We didn't wait longer then 10 minutes for any of the rides! That is nuts, I guess everyone was hanging over at Disneyland.

I may look scared, but my hands are up!!!

Tower of Terror, so much fun!!!!

Darth with a Lego Darth, that store was awesome!

We drove back to Thad's on Friday afternoon---it took us 3 hours and 10 minutes to go 37 miles!!!! Yep, not joking, that was REALLY terrible!!! But we made it back and went to Thad and Jackie's favorite little Italian place for dinner, quite yummy!

On Saturday we spent the day with my brother's friends, we watched the USA/Italy World Cup game, that was fun. But Saturday night was the best! Jackie, Thad's wonderful, beautiful girlfriend had planned a huge surprise party for my brother's 30th birthday! We were at Red Rocks bar on Sunset! He was genuinely surprised and there was about 50 people there to celebrate my wonderful brother! We had a blast. Thank you Jackie for throwing the party when Mike and I could attend, and Happy 30th again Thaddeus!

We left LA on Sunday morning---and oh yes, there's more to our trip. I will certainly be back :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, next trip we will all go! We must share such fun.