Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Two stitches in time...

Today started off very well. We got to bible study at the base chapel on time (a big deal for me). The boys had no problem going into the nursery and were all very excited to be there, the fact that it has a slide doesn't hurt! My bible study was amazing, I am learning so much, what a wonderful study we are doing! Then it's time to go home and it happened: Kaden vs. hallway wall, yeah think back to Gabriel vs. fireplace. Kaden ran into the chair rail in the hallway on our way out. Instantly he started bleeding pretty good and I just knew it was a trip to the ER for us. I put a bandage on his head and wrapped him up with gauze wrap, made the poor boy look as if he was from a MASH unit. The cut wasn't very long but it was deeper and I figured he needed some closure. I called Michael and he wasn't able to leave work to come to the hospital with us. So off we go. We actually didn't even have to wait if you can believe that---no seriously. They tried at first to glue his poor head together, but that wasn't going to hold, so onto stitches we went. Don't have the docs try both, the glue inside the cut made it hard to numb the area and poor Kaden had to get like 7 or 8 shots in his head and all of us who have had stitches know that is the part that hurts so much! They wrapped him up in sheets and it took 3 of us to hold him, he was not really thrashing around just pretty scared. Bless his heart he kept saying "Please stop, you're hurting me. Please stop." It was heart-wrenching. But she got it all cleaned out and put in 2 stitches, all done in about 10 minutes. Kaden was fine as soon as it was over and his been fine ever since, the boy thankfully gets over things really quickly! See:
We went through McDonald's on the way home for lunch, bonus points for Mommy for that idea! Here is a close up, not a great picture but you get the point:It's not that bad and his hair covers it completely so you would never know. He'll get them out in 5 days. So Gabriel had glue, Kaden had stitches, Luke??? Let's hope he doesn't have to experience anything!!! We love you Kaden-man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Logan already had his turn:) The worst part is where they say "Don't hurt me"...breaks your heart. I hope you are doing ok...what a trip with all the kiddos. McDonalds was a good idea...take the focus in a new direction. Take care.

Brittyne Fitzgerald said...

I dread the day I have to deal with injury like this...I would have no idea what to do.

I love the pics of the house..it is amazing! Lucky girl!