Saturday, July 05, 2008

OOOHHH, AAAHHH!!!

My firework pictures never come out the way I would like, but you get the gist! Last night we headed out around 8:40 to shoot off the fireworks Michael bought. There are only a few cities around the metro that allow you to do this. Choctaw was one but you had to be on private property and we couldn't figure out where we could do it. Mustang was a little farther away but Michael called the police department and they said go to Wildhorse Park. Michael asked if there was anywhere specific you should do it at the park and they said oh you'll see the people everywhere. And you certainly did. It was INCREDIBLE! There were fireworks on all sides and they were the big ones too! The boys LOVE fireworks and were in heaven. Josie was a little scared for about the first 30 seconds and then (of course) she was great! We had the best time. The kids were PERFECT! We left around 10:20 to come home. It was awesome. Last year on the 4th I was home in St. Louis watching the fireworks with most of my extended family and missing my husband like crazy. Michael was flying over Afghanistan last year and had much different fireworks to watch. I was so thankful to be with him this 4th! Here are some pics. I took this one of my HAPPY kiddos:OOPS! I broke the cardinal rule and used my flash next:

Here was our BIG firework. Our grand finale:

Pretty cool, huh?! Oh yeah and here is a shout out to Albert for hitting #300 last night! Congrats dude. We love ya!

No comments: