Sunday, August 12, 2007

Awww, come on now...

Friday morning I noticed that Luke had a little bit of a rash on his face. Now those of you that are around Luke know that he is prone to little reactions to grasses, some foods, etc, but I have never seen this one before. I was thinking through what he ate and what he touched and can't come up with anything weird. He has absolutely NO other symptoms at all. It doesn't itch or anything. I gave him a Benadryl anyway on Saturday and it didn't change anything. This morning when he got up it had gotten worse looking. It is still only on his cheeks and a very little bit on the back of his neck, no where else. I called the pediatric nurse and he said it probably something viral and he probably isn't contagious or anything. (He did say more then that but I figure you didn't need the play by play) I decided not to take him to church today because I thought he might freak out the teachers and kids in has class. This rash is NOT raised at all, I know it totally looks like it but I promise his skin is perfectly smooth, there's no bumps or anything, it is just blotches on his poor face. Look at the difference between Saturday's and Sunday's pictures.
----------------------------------------------------

The left side:

And the right side is even worse:Bless his heart. I know it looks terrible--CROSS MY HEART it is not raised!!!! You cannot "feel" this rash!!! And like I said, there are NO other symptoms, he is acting fine and feeling fine. Josie Claire has her 4 month check up tomorrow and so our doc can take a look at Luke too. I will let you know what he says. All this with school starting Tuesday---bummer.

WHAT IS THAT?!?!?!?!
Any guesses?

No comments: