Saturday, August 11, 2007

Time for school

Yesterday Kaden and Luke had open houses at their schools. Kaden is at a different school because the Pre-K classes are only offered at a select number of elementary schools and ours is not one of them....bummer) Because Samantha (my cousin) is here with me I was able to take the boys individually to their school to meet their teachers. It was wonderful! Thank you so much Sam, you have no idea how much you have helped me!
First Kaden and I made the trek over to his school, it's about 12 miles from our house. We met Ms. Marcie and her helper whose name is completely escaping me, sorry. The room was decorated from floor to ceiling---literally! What a fun class. Kaden made quite a showing by finding his own name on both his cubby space and the folder we had to take home. He was saying his alphabet and yelling out his colors. He was so excited to be there. It was really fun to see Kaden that way. I think he will really like school, well when he finally gets used to the whole listening part of it anyway. I bought Kaden a school t-shirt and one for Michael and I to share (seeing that he will only be there for one year) and I got a PTA membership as well. What a good parent I am :)
Afterwards I took Kaden home and then Luke and I ran up to his school, just 1/2 a mile away. We met his teacher Mrs. Gann. She seems wonderful as well. Luke talked her ear off and she knows all about our family now. The Kindergarten classes have a western theme this year, pretty cute. Luke is going to get to ride the bus to school and then I will pick him up when class is over. I joined PTA again and bought 3 shirts at his school, they are super-cute. The front has the Superman S logo on it, Luke and Michael got navy shirts and I bought a pink one for myself. We'll be stylin'.
Both boys are SO excited. School starts on Tuesday. I just cannot believe it. WOW, 2 kiddos in school, what will I do with myself? I am looking forward to having this special time with Gabriel, Josie still sleeps a lot in the mornings and so it will just be the 2 of us which, as you can imagine, doesn't ever really happen. I'm happy about that too!
(Luke's red sign says "Yee Haw! Welcome to Kindergarten!" though you can't see it)

No comments: