Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Milestone!!!

A major milestone for my baby girl at 4 months and 3 weeks: Josie rolled over last night! I was on the phone with my Mom, she heard all the excitement! I ran and got my camera and here she is:

How exciting! Though I have to admit this particular milestone is a hard one for me. I don't really like it when babies start rolling over. I'll explain. After the boys learned how to roll over all 3 became tummy sleepers. And a new mom hears what over and over: "put the baby to sleep on their back, flat on their back, it's the safest way" SO when I go in to check on my baby and they are on their tummy, it makes me nervous. I flip them over, yep, I really do. But guess what, they will roll right back onto their tummies. I am a little freakish about checking on my children. I do it every night, I cannot go to bed without doing it. Luke is 6 and yet I will be in there before I go to bed making sure that everything is okay. A little freakish I know but it's just cause I love them all so much!

3 comments:

Belva Jean said...

I guess I must be a freak too:) I right there with you checking on the kids and puting them back the way they belong :)

Anonymous said...

You never stop checking in on your kids. When James and Mike were in college, I still would check in on them before retiring for the night. Once a Mom, always a Mom. Your kids are your kids for life. You always will want to keep them safe and protect them. You and Belva are just starting the long journey of motherhood. Congrats! It is a wonderful journey.

debtfreeme said...

Nice pics