Friday, April 25, 2008

In Her Face

Last night was Luke's school Carnival. We had SO much fun there. It was a very good end to a very long day, a long week for that matter! As usual I took a ton of photos and I am going to split them up for you guys. I will cover the best and last part first. Luke's teacher was one of four teachers that 'volunteered' to have pies thrown in their face. All week that is all Luke could talk about. He was so excited. I knew it was going to cost money, I figured some bucks for a pie, not too shabby. Little did I know that it was an auction type situation! When the 6 'gourmet' cookies went for $45, I thought we were in big trouble. Michael (and his completely competitive spirit) said that if we bid on it, he would not be outdone AND that we needed to do if for Luke. (What's with men?!) So fortunately for us, Luke's teacher was the first one to be 'auctioned' off and we got her for a mere $65! (It goes to a good cause, right? I am on the PTA board there, I know exactly where the money goes...) Luke was thrilled, you can imagine. Here is how it went down:
This is when we first showed up at the Carnival, she was happy to see us all then :)
For sale:
Luke waiting patiently:
In her face:
Adorable shot!!!!

Here's Luke talking with "Chester" the auctioneer:

Luke will be talking about this for days and days I am sure. It was already after 8:30 when this happened so we came home to put the kiddos to bed. As we were walking to the van, I heard through the cafeteria doors that teacher #3 was up to $170!!!!! Yikes! Like I said, we were fortunate she went first! :)

More pics to come soon. We had a blast! There is no school today so we have a time to recoup from our crazy week...

No comments: