Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Kaden's mask

My sweet Kaden. Last Thursday I took Kaden and Josie into the doc, Josie for her well-baby 1 year appointment and Kaden because he had a cough. This cough was waking him up at night. It was a dry cough, and there were no other symptoms. I figured since I was going to the doc I would get Kaden checked out. Our doctor (that I LOVE remember) listened to Kaden for all of 2 seconds and said that he was breathing on only 25% of what he should be. Instantaneously I felt just terrible. Kaden had an albuterol treatment, a chest x-ray, and then another breathing treatment. We have NEVER had any kind of breathing issues with our kiddos. In fact, that is one thing Michael and I are always so thankful of, is that there is no asthma or anything like that in our family. The doctor gave us a Nebulizer to come home with and a prescription for a steroid. I held on fine while at the doctors office but you can believe I cried all the way home! I felt like such a terrible Mom for not bringing him earlier, for not realizing that he was as sick as he was. We are now done with the nebulizer and have just one more day of his steroid. I am thankful, I hated seeing him with that mask on. Nurse Dana called it his "Darth Vader mask" (does she know this family or what?). So Kaden calls it that as well. "I don't want to be Darth Vader again." he would say. Bless his lungs...
On a brighter note...Kaden was chosen to bring Corduroy the bear home this past weekend from school. (It's not really a Corduroy but what can you do?!) He was SUPER excited. There is a little book to write in, recording what he did while staying with you. Here is a fun pic I took of Kaden and his bear. Just look at that gorgeous smile:
We kept Kaden home from his t-ball game on Monday night because of his wheezing issues and so Michael and I took the kiddos to see "Horton Hears a Who". We had a great time and the kids loved it. I love making memories like this one, the whole family together and laughing...it was wonderful!

3 comments:

Belva Jean said...

Glad Kaden is feeling better. That is not fun to have to do the masks, but what can you do.

We need to go see Horton hears a who. We love taking the kids to the movies. It's fun watch them enjoy the movies (and watch Aurora duck and cover if it's too loud.)

Dan, Kellie & Kiddos said...

I can't believe how much your boys look alike in that picture! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Jesse,
Glad you enjoyed the movie. I'm not sure I'm going to go...I hear the villan is a "pouch schooler"
Sounds WAY too much like
homeschooler to me...:-)
love,
Aunt LA